Monday 19 March 2012

2012 is well underway

Sorry I haven't updated the news here in a while, but i've been busy working hard which can only be a good thing!

I've been working on Meghann Clancy's new album, which is starting to sound really really great with the addition of cello and viola. Sprinkle of strings, a dash of rhythm section (with yours truly on the bass) and it should be ready to mix. As soon as a track is released you'll be able to find it on my Facebook page, which is at http://www.facebook.com/liamgaughanppt.

Also had a few very productive sessions with the interesting Greg Genre and his band BoxBoxBox. You can hear a demo of one of the tracks at their Bandcamp page

Continuing the singer/songwriter trend is Sam Donaghey who I have been working with over the past couple of weeks to get 3 tracks recorded. After a few attempts at various genres, we seem to have hit on something that is going to work well, and one of the tracks even includes a rare guitar solo from myself. Again, when these tracks see the light of day I will be sure to repost them.

Finally, had a bit of a taste of the big smoke, when Johnny B Goode came up for the weekend to record 4 demo tracks. The wonderful Steviekeys and Johnny always know how to have a laugh and it was a thoroughly enjoyable weekend. Just waiting on some mix revisions and they should be good to go!


---

Outisde of the production world, I have also finally released a few of my own tunes to the world, and you can hear them at http://liamgaughan.bandcamp.com/.

I've also been working hard with my original funk/soul band and we should be gigging in the next month or two. It's not often I hit the stage with original music but this is sure to get your booty shakin' so be sure to make it to a gig if you can! Funky bass galore!

No comments:

Post a Comment